A recent news story has emphasised the importance of patch testing when a woman dyed her hair at home without doing a patch test first and found out the hard way she was allergic to the dye.
Her forehead, head and eyes were severely swollen and she described her head as looking like an alien. Her allergic reaction was so bad she had to go to the accident and emergency department at hospital.
Her left eye was that swollen it was forced shut so she could not see out of it at all. As time went on the reaction got worse and both eyes were swollen shut.
She suffered this swelling for nearly a week before it began to subside.
This just emphasises the huge importance of patch testing dye on the skin 48 hours prior to applying to your head. The patch test is usually behind the ear or behind the elbow.
This applies whether you dye your hair at home or you have it dyed at the salon – you must always have a patch test done before any dying treatment.
If you have suffered an allergic reaction as a result of a failure to patch test that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation.
Our team of specialist personal injury lawyers at Actons Injury Solicitors have years of experience dealing with hair claims so you will be given the best possible advice. It is imperative that you get advice as soon as possible.
Contact a member of our team today to start your no win no fee claim now.
May I take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for handling my claim efficiently, thank you.Mr J Y | Essex
I would like to thank you whole-heartedly for the support, advice and guidance over this period. The knowledge that you were always contactable with sound and patient guidance has been a great comfort.Mr A B
© Actons Solicitors 2019.
20 Regent Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BQ
Actons is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our ID Number is 62882.