Two women, one aged 60 and the other in her 40’s were admitted to hospital after becoming seriously ill when they drank an aloe vera juice drink contaminated with horse tranquilliser.
The horse tranquilliser was confirmed to be Ketamine, an anaesthetic drug which slows down the breathing.
One of the women collapsed into a ‘vegetative state’ after only consuming a small amount of the juice and had to be revived by paramedics.
The women are believed to have bought the drinks whilst attending an Asian carnival in Leicester called the Abbey Mela, an event put on by a local school.
Leicestershire Police have now launched an investigation in to how the drinks came to be contaminated.
If you contract an illness as a result of someone else’s negligence, such as selling a drink which is not fit for human consumption, you can make a claim for your injuries and financial losses. It is important that you get independent expert legal advice, preferably as soon as possible.
Call us free on 08081 355 355 for immediate advice or start your claim now.
May I take this opportunity to thank you very much for your assistance in this matter and for your professionalism at the way you handled this claim.Mrs P G | Lincoln
Thank you so much for everything that you have done to ensure the case went smoothly. It has made life much easier for us.Ms M P
© Actons Solicitors 2019.
20 Regent Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BQ
Actons is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our ID Number is 62882.