Injuries in a nail salon
Many women have sustained injuries to their nails after a trip to a nail salon. Nail salons have been faced with compensation claims due to their employees being reckless and not taking sufficient care when treating customers’ nails. Customers have suffered from allergic reactions and in worst cases permanent damage to their nails.
For example, women have endured severe damage through the use of an electronic drill to remove nail polish. Burns have been sustained by leaving product on customers’ nails for longer than the average time limit. Where a nail therapist has filed too far down the nail, this causes damage to the nail bed and the risk of infection.
It has been reported that a woman suffered from a fungal infection upon the removal of her acrylic nails. This was the case because when separating the acrylic nail form the real nail, room was created for fungus and bacteria to enter. Nail infections are a common result of nail salons who have poor hygiene standards. Instruments must be sterilised between customers to prevent injury.
It has recently been revealed that many nail salons have been using a powerful chemical called methyl methacrylate. Nail salons have been using this dangerous substance on customers to save themselves some extra cash.
We recommend that before you visit a nail salon to ensure the staff are sufficiently trained and that the salon is insured.