Despite initially raising her concerns with the beautician over the tightness of the wig, she was told to ignore it and that it was something she would get used to.
Weeks passed without improvement, until the woman woke up in the middle of the night with blood gushing down her face.
Horrified, she looked in the mirror to see that a six inch gash had opened up on her head.
It was later discovered that the weave had been sewed so tightly by the beautician that it had penetrated her scalp.
In an attempted response to the effects of the £200 treatment, she was then placed on an antibiotic drip by her local hospital.
However, it is now feared that the scar may be visible for life.
If you have suffered an injury from a weave, braid or relaxer treatment, you may be entitled to make a No Win No Fee compensation claim. We act for a number of clients who have suffered similar injuries and it is important that you get independent, expert legal advice, preferably as soon as possible, from our specialist lawyers.