Scarred for life after laser hair removal went wrong
A mother of two has been left with a permanent facial scar due to an under trained beauty practitioner.
The 55 year old woman decided to have laser hair removal treatment to eliminate the hairs she was self-conscious about located on her chin. After feeling a burning and aching sensation in the area, whilst she was undergoing the treatment, she made it apparent to the beauty practitioner that she was suffering from pain.
Nevertheless, the following day the woman erupted with sores and blisters on her chin to which her doctor confirmed were first degree burns, which will leave scarring for life.
Over time the woman learned that the beauty therapist giving her the treatment was not experienced in using the machine.
Bearing in mind the machine used involves high powered laser lights that burns hair follicles from the root, any one would assume the individual giving the treatment would have had sufficient training.
However, as of yet there are not any strict regulations outlining the necessity of beauty therapists to undergo training for laser hair removal thus it is the customer that should take caution and unfortunately bear the risk.
If you are considering having any laser hair removal treatment we recommend you do a background search on the company and individual to ensure they have the necessary amount of expertise and training.
If you have suffered an injury arising from a beauty treatment that was not your fault you may be able to make a claim.