A Manchester schoolgirl was left with second degree burns after spilling ‘boiling hot’ gravy on her hand as she ate at KFC with her family.
The schoolgirl was out with her family as a treat for a good school report when the accident occurred. The schoolgirl was sat eating her food when she reached for the pot of gravy to remove the lid. The girl’s mum described how the pot was too hot for her daughter to grab and as she let it go, the contents spilt out onto her had, causing second degree burns.
The injured schoolgirl was taken to the hospital after her hand began to blister within minutes. Doctors had to remove a top layer of skin to burst the blisters before they were able to bandage the hand.
Following her accident, the girl had several follow-up appointments and was unable to participate in P.E. and struggled with various other activities. The girl has not been left with any lasting injuries.
If you have suffered an injury from a similar incident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a claim. We act for a number of clients who have suffered similar related injuries and it is important that you get independent expert legal advice, preferably as soon as possible from our specialist lawyers.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work on this, you have been nothing but polite and helpful from start to finish. It is very much appreciated and I will recommend you and your company to any of my friends and colleagues. Thank you again.Mr D L | Staffordshire
As soon as Actons took over my case it was made so straight forward and easy to understand. All the information I needed was provided and I was kept informed every step of the way. I would like to thank Actons for their fantastic help with my claim.Mr P F
© Actons Solicitors 2019.
20 Regent Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BQ
Actons is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our ID Number is 62882.